Cheating Spouse & Matrimonial Infidelity
You’ve seen the signs, and your mind is putting the pieces together. Your spouse has been coming home late or keeps long hours under the pretext of work. When your spouse comes home, after a silent dinner, he or she hops online and dismisses your questions with weird excuses… If you’re worrying that your honey is up to something funny, and you want to find out, here are some approaches that might just help confirm your suspicions.
And if you do decide to investigate, be prepared to deal with what you find, good or bad.
MVD International’s, a service company which offers the services of a private investigator to spy on your unsuspecting cheating partner. Does he come back later than usual? Does he act weird? Does he ask for more ‘boys time’ recently? Spend less sleepless nights and call MVD – for they will ‘catch your spouse even if he or she is creeping around with someone from the Antarctic’. We know about the law and its infringements, and we promise to provide our clients with legal proof.
The concept of hiring a private detective to catch your cheating partner is age old. Sherlock Holmes in ‘The Adventures of the Retired Colourman’ written early in the 20th century, was hired by a filthy old man who wanted to catch his cheating wife. Movies, songs, and other pop literatures indirectly teach us ways to catch the man who cheats. So what’s new that allows MVD to cross countries and cultural boundaries with its Catch Cheating Spouse™?
Perhaps the fact that us human beings are always insecure inside, that no matter how technology advances and ways change – catching a cheating spouse will always be a timeless need.
With the disclaimer of ‘every case is unique, accompanied by unique signs’, here are some seemingly trivial signs that your spouse might be cheating on you. While you know the ‘I am out with a friend’ sign by heart, sometimes we miss out subconscious gestures that might lead us to signs that he is cheating:
- “The bowtie you gave me? Errr..I don’t know where I put it, actually, dear..”
He used to treasure your gifts and wore them although his friends gave him a one-of-a-kind stare. Now, he tends to forget where he put the things you give. He could be badly distracted or swamped with work or something or someone else tickles his fancy. Men are not wired to multitask, so it is obvious when something has taken his attention away from you.
- He’s awake, or online, but not talking to you
You see him online on Gtalk, Skype, Whatsapp, Facebook. He even tweets. But he has not talked to you the whole day. Although it is not his official duty to contact you whenever he is online – there is an unwritten concession that he should buzz you, at least once. If this pattern is unusual and it repeats, you might want to intervene and find out what he is up to.
- “Maybe your parents are right, a partner of the same race is better”
What was not a problem up to two months ago now becomes one. Your religion, his race, your strict parents, the list goes on. Most of the time when this happens out of the blue, it could mean he is comparing you to a new ‘candidate’.
- “HAHA! Wasn’t that the funniest joke ever?!”
It was. But the problem is, you have told him that joke before – but he ignored it. If a lot of new things suddenly tickles his fancy, especially things that you know he would not even bother listening – you should shoot away. Find out who or what causes him to suddenly care about culinary, gadgets, or whatnot.
- “You’re tired of me? Go ahead and leave me”
If he says this, he’s either reached his breaking point – or he has someone else in mind that he thinks could be a better match than you are.
Some of the other tell tales of a cheating spouse
- “I love you but I’m not in love with you”
If you hear these words, a big warning bell should go off. This is one of the most consistent things a cheating spouse will say. Your spouse may have a deep, loving bond with you but, intense feelings of passion can override the bond with you and cause your spouse to lose sight of his/her true feelings. The cheating spouse will develop what I call hormone – induced amnesia. The surging hormones and passion they feel in their new relationship can cause some very skewed thinking.
- “We are just friends”
This is also another very predictable statement that will come from a cheating spouse. If your spouse is spending more and more time with this new “friend”; then there is probably more to it than mere friendship. Your spouse may feel they have a lot in common with this person, that this person understands them and things they are going through. Whatever the reasons for the friendship, it’s a big warning sign and one you should take seriously.
- “A sudden need for privacy”
If things the two of you used to share openly suddenly become private pay attention cause something is probably up. He/she may start password protecting computer activity. Cell phone and credit card bills may be hidden. If you ask why or attempt to find out information that used to be common knowledge between the two of you, you will be accused of snooping or trying to control your spouse. Big warning sign!
- “I need some space to figure out my feelings”
Men and women who are involved with someone else will request more space, time alone or away from the family. They may say it is due to confusion over their feelings or stress at work. This can be a sign that there is someone else and the spouse is trying to figure out ways to have more freedom.
- “Regular work habits change”
Working late, going to work at odd hours or, putting in more time than is normal on work related issues can be indications that a spouse is cheating.
- Spending a large amount of time on the computer
In today’s world, with modern technology, a person looking for an affair doesn’t even have to leave their home. The ease of internet chat rooms, online dating sites and secret email accounts has caused an alarming increase in emotional affairs. If your spouse is online more than usual, hanging out in chat rooms and visiting pornographic websites then you have reason to be alarmed.
- Secretive phone calls and more time spent on the phone
Emotional affairs occur primarily via the phone, especially cell phones. If you find your spouse hanging up suddenly when you enter the room or erasing the history on the cell phone and becoming defensive when asked about it, then you might want to check your phone records.
- Behavior that just doesn’t add up.
Not being where he/she was expected to be. Missing time they can’t explain. Money that isn’t accounted for. Receipts for things you don’t have. Missing clothing. Clothing that does not belong to your family. Being caught in little lies about the details of the day. If something is off with their behavior, you should suspect cheating.
- Your own fears and suspicions
If you find yourself looking for excuses for your spouse’s behavior or trying to convince yourself that they would never cheat then that is a warning sign. Your intuition is frequently one of the best indicators that something is wrong. If you suspect your spouse might be cheating on you, do some investigating and then talk to him/her about what you’ve found. Do it in a way that is calm and courteous. Ask for honesty. Be prepared for lies. It is a sad fact that people having affairs become excellent liars. People who never told a lie before in their lives. Trust your gut instinct but get hard, cold proof also.
- If Your Spouse Cheated Will Your Marriage Survive?
Infidelity doesn’t mean your marriage must come to an end. Trust has been lost, the betrayal is emotionally painful but, if there is a good foundation and friendship, you can save your marriage.
“A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on”
~ Winston S. Churchill
What You Need to Know About Private Investigators
- We have the resources to gather information that others can’t
- We’re trained to observe and analyze people discreetly
- We can keep secrets until we’re asked to testify in court
- We’re professionals who provide accurate answers to questions you’re afraid to ask
- We do not live off coffee and donuts when carrying out surveillance
Let MVD provide the legwork to help you live a happier life
Besides helping companies, MVD International is also committed to assisting individuals with their investigation needs. The Private Investigation Services we offer include the following :
Adultery/Infidelity/Cheating Spouse Investigation – Our Investigators/detectives are engaged as private investigator to check on your partner. We understand that this is a very difficult decision for our clients; however not knowing what the truth is could be more difficult. There needs to be closures for our clients. Our investigators will help our clients through this difficult process of finding out the truth in a discreet and confidential manner. Evidence obtained by our investigators can be use in the courts of law in the event our clients decide for a legal proceeding.
Surveillance – Our team of Investigators / detectives would generally work 12 hours to carry out the surveillance and follow the subject throughout the day to gather evidence in the form of photos, videos and audio. This evidence is then put into the form of report and submitted to our client for their safe keeping. Our team of dedicated investigators / detectives will not leave any situation and events un attended as we use a team of 3-4 personnel to achieve best results for our clients.
Pre/Post-Matrimonial Checks – Our team of Investigators / detectives have also handle cases where our clients were uncertain about the partner they were about to get married to or the partners behaviour that has changed after marriage. Marriage is a major step in any ones lives and today’s situation of broken marriages and divorce rates, cheating in marriages, and scamming have put pressure on the bride to be and groom to be, to ensure that the person they are committing to for live long, is coming clean with them.
Child Movement Monitoring – Are your children lying to you about their where about and often not at home? You need to know what they are up to. Our detectives/investigators will help you monitor your children’s movement and their wellbeing; by helping you track them and report to you timely of the happening and people they are quittance with. Knowing your child activity is the first step to helping them keeping out of trouble.
Child Custody – Proving in court that your partner is unfit to look after your child, hence proving evidence is a challenging task. Our team of experience investigators/detectives would normally work very closely with our clients to help them get the evidence required so as this evidence can be used in court of law in order to gain custody of the child. We understand that it is never easy in a divorce proceeding, especially when a child is involved.
Missing Person – Statistics shows that 15 person goes missing daily in Malaysia. Our private investigators/detectives have also experience in finding missing person; we would track down the missing people regardless of the location. We provide our services to our client who would like to find the missing person or even to find a long lost family member. We also provide services in finding missing children, kidnapping, lost love, missing pets, missing employee due to fraud.
Tracking via GPS – GPS Tracker is installed on vehicles for finding out the movement and location of the vehicles being tracked. Now you can start tracking your friends, kids or spouses and their whereabouts for their safety and protections. The GPS trackers uses the mobile network to track locations of the vehicle, and sends its exact location to the person monitoring the GPS tracker. This service is also very useful for Hijacking, Stolen Vehicles, monitoring your employee’s movement for deliveries, trucks fleets, fleets of taxis or even personal vehicles. It also helps investigators track the location of the vehicle during a surveillance activity.
Mobile Phone Checks – It’s best to be upfront about tracking somebody and respect their right to privacy, but if you absolutely must track a phone without the owner’s consent or knowledge (i.e. if you’re a parent), here are a few tips on how to do it.
- Tracking a smartphoneuser is relatively simple. The easiest method is to install a tracking app on the person’s phone whenever you get a chance to do so discreetly. There are dozens of apps out there that’ll get the job done. Just install whatever app you choose.
- Tracking a non-smartphoneuser is a bit more difficult since there aren’t as many options, but it’s essentially the same drill as above. If the phone is GPS-enabled, install AccuTracking on it. Go through all the necessary steps to set up the account, make sure that it works
Travel Check – Travel check is a service we provide to our clients to frequently travel or have plans to travel to a certain destination. We conduct a detailed study of risk and situation of the destination per say
- Travel Risk – We can assist clients in checking for travel risk and provide travel advise and send them a report on the travel risk situation about the country they may plan to travel. We can also advise the places to avoid during the visit to a particular country with risk associated with it.
- Travel Blacklist check – We can also assist our clients and individual to check if they are having any travel restriction attached to their name or passport numbers.
Address Verifications – MVD International provides a services to verify the address of a person claiming to take a personal loan, business loan or apply for a credit card. Our team of investigators would physically go to the location of the address and verify the authentication of the address in the application forms. As there are many fraud cases appearing, address verification is one way of reducing risk of fraud and missing person or loan defaulters. Many a times we have found that the address written on the application forms are either fake addresses or does not exist.
Personal / Business Loan Verification – Certain loan applicants are required to submit documents such as paystubs, income tax forms, or other tax records that verify the income stated in their loan request. We collect these documents after the posting of a loan request and carry out verification. We also verify the income of these applicants by electronically checking their income data through a third party provider. If an applicant fails to provide satisfactory information in response to an income verification request, or if we cannot electronically verify the income of select applicants, we would visit either the current employer, the authorities or request more information and documentation from the borrower.
Missing persons in Malaysia is becoming a major problem and is growing at an alarming rate, with no trace of the missing persons. Statistic shows, that a startling average of 15 people went missing every day in Malaysia in 2013, nearly a quarter of them Malay girls aged between 13 and 17.According to police records, 4,804 people were reported missing from January to October 2012 and more than half of them did not make it back home.In 2011, 5,961 people went missing. We try our very best to trace these missing person and establish the reasons behind why they are reported missing.
People disappear for many reasons. Some individuals choose to disappear alone; most of these soon return Reasons for non-identification may include:
- To escape domestic abuse by a parent(s)/guardian(s)/sibling(s)/spouse.
- Leaving home to live somewhere else under a new identity.
- Becoming the victim of kidnapping.
- Abduction (of a minor) by a non-custodial parent or other relative.
- Seizure by government officials without due process of law.
- Suicide in a remote location or under an assumed name (to spare their families the suicide at home or to allow their deaths to be eventually declared in absentia).
- Victim of murder (body disguised, destroyed, or hidden).
- Mental illness or other ailments such as Alzheimer’s disease can cause someone to become lost or they may not know how to identify themselves due to long-term memory loss that causes them to forget where they live, the identity of family members or relatives, or their own names.
- Death by natural causes (disease) or accident far from home without identification.
- Disappearance to take advantage of better employment or living conditions elsewhere.
- Sold into slavery, serfdom, sexual servitude, or other unfree labour.
- To avoid discovery of a crime or apprehension by law-enforcement authorities. (See also failure to appear.)
- Joining a cult or other religious organization.
- To avoid war or persecution during a genocide.
- To escape famine or natural disaster.
- Death by floods, flash floods, debris flows, hurricanes and tsunamis.
- Accidental drowning in open water, with no body recovered.
- Homicide involving water, with no body recovered
- Suicide in water, when the body disappears and is not recovered.
Categories of Missing Children
- Runaways (national / international): Minors who run away from home, from the institution where they have been placed, or from the people responsible for their care
- Abduction by a third person: Abduction of minors by anyone other than the parents or the persons with parental authority.
- National or international parental abduction: Parental abductions are cases where a child is taken to or kept in a country or place other than that of his/her normal residence by one or more parents or persons with parental authority, against another parent’s will or against the will of the person with parental authority.
- Missing unaccompanied migrant minors: Disappearances of migrant children, nationals of a country in which there is no free movement of persons, under the age of 18 who have been separated from both parents and are not being cared for by an adult, who by law is responsible for doing so.
- Lost, injured or otherwise missing children: Disappearances for no apparent reason of minors who got lost (e.g. young children at the seaside in summer) or hurt themselves and cannot be found immediately (e.g. accidents during sport activities, at youth camps, etc.), as well as children whose reason for disappearing has not yet been determined
Skiptracing or debtor and fugitive recovery is the process of locating a person’s whereabouts for any number of purposes. A skiptracer is someone who performs this task, which may be the person’s primary occupation. The term “skip” refers to the person being searched for, and is derived from the idiomatic expression “to skip town”, meaning to depart (perhaps in a rush), leaving minimal clues behind to “trace” the “skip” to a new location.Skip tracing tactics may be employed by debt collectors, process servers, bail bond enforcers (bounty hunters), repossession agents, private investigators, attorneys, police detectives, and journalists, or by any person attempting to locate a subject whose contact information is not immediately known. Similar techniques have also been utilized by investigators to locate witnesses in criminal trials. Information on the subject is required such as their name, ID details, last known address, last employer or any personal information which may be of help in tracing the subject.
Skiptracing is performed by collecting as much information as possible about the subject. The information is then analyzed, reduced, and verified. Sometimes the subject’s current whereabouts are in the data, but are obfuscated by the sheer amount of information or disinformation. Often, the job becomes more than mere research since one must often employ methods of social engineering, which involves calling or visiting former neighbors, or other known contacts to ask about the subject, sometimes under false or misleading pretenses.
Records that “skiptracers” use may include phone number databases, credit reports (including information provided on a loan application, credit cardapplication, and in other debt collector databases), job application information, criminal background checks, utility bills (electricity, gas, water, sewage, phone, Internet, and cable), social security, disability, and public tax information. While some of these records may be publicly available, some cannot be accessed without an appropriate search warrant, which is generally only available to law enforcement or licensed private investigators.
Even when no specific information is returned, public and private databases exist that cross-reference skiptracing information with others the “skip” may have lived with in the recent past. For instance, if previous records show a “skip” lived in the same house as a third party, the third party may also be “skiptraced” in an effort to locate the “skip”.